Fine seed sowing attachment
Optional fine seed sowing attachment for potato harvesters.
- The optional fine seed sowing attachment allows for the sowing of ground covers such as babala, oats, lupin etc. while the potatoes are being harvested, thus saving time and diesel.
- The seed is spread onto the second web so that as the soil is sifted and returned to the ground the seed is automatically planted.
- The metering of the seed takes place via a Van Niekerk seed applicator and the speed of the application is controlled via a mechanically adjusted variator.
- The unit is driven via chain and sprocket from the second web.
- The unit can be mounted on either the TL 8530 JT or the TL 8560 L potato harvesters.
- The seed box is situated right next to the walkway for easy and convenient filling.
- The fine seed spreader ensures that there is an even spread of seed into the sifted soil from the 2nd web.
- The 51kg seed box capacity allows for a 50kg bag of seed to be completely emptied.
- A hinged lid with retainer chains keeps the seed dry and clean.
Sowing attachment – Technical Data
|Height with seed spreader||1058mm|
|Power transmission||Chain & sprocket|
|Seed applicator||Van Niekerk|
"Farm automation is an essential part of keeping a farm profitable these days. With the help of Turnerland I managed to increase efficiency by 38%."